Baking wings is a delicious and healthier alternative to frying. Here’s a simple recipe for baked chicken wings:
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Optional: your favorite wing sauce for tossing (such as buffalo sauce or barbecue sauce)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix well.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss them in the seasoning mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Arrange the seasoned wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are not touching each other. This allows them to crisp up nicely.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the wings are golden brown and crispy. You can flip the wings halfway through cooking for even browning.
- Once the wings are cooked, you can serve them as they are or toss them in your favorite wing sauce for added flavor. Simply place the wings in a large bowl, add the sauce, and toss until they are well coated.
- Serve the baked wings hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the wings, so it’s a good idea to check them periodically to avoid overcooking or undercooking.